Free Shipping on orders over US$39.99 How to make these links

Computer dispatch reports show under 5-minute response to Ma Kaing shooting

Although some witnesses to the shooting of Ma Kaing on July 15 insisted that it took first responders more than 40 minutes to reach the scene and render aid to the dying woman, Computer Aided Dispatch reports that released by CBS4 on Friday showed that the police were dispatched 27 seconds. after the first 911 call. Officers arrived 4 minutes and 49 seconds later, while an ambulance arrived to assist the victim seconds after police arrived on the scene.

Ma Kaing

through CBS

Ma Kaing and her son were unloading their car around 11:30 pm last Friday in their apartment building at 1313 Xenia Street when Kaing was hit by a stray bullet. He was pronounced dead at the scene. But the neighborhood leader’s death angered some in the community, who complained that first responders were slow to arrive that night.

In a community meeting this weekResidents maintained that it took too much time for help to arrive.

“I was there,” said a resident who complained of the police’s slow response, “I saw everything.”

According to the newly released information, with portions redacted, Denver’s ShotSpotter system detected “30 rounds” fired at the area at 11:29:26 p.m.

The first 911 call came in 17 seconds later and Denver police were dispatched at 23:30:10, 27 seconds after the first 911 call.

An ambulance arrived and was “staged” near the scene at 11:33:42, less than 4 minutes after the first 911 call, pending clearance from police to safely enter the scene.

Records show the first officer arrived on the scene at 11:34:59 p.m., 4 minutes and 49 seconds after the initial dispatch. At 11:35 p.m., ambulance crews broadcast the words, “we’re clear direct” meaning they were entering the scene.

According to the Denver Department of Public Safety, the times were pulled from dispatch audio from that night, which the department said is “the most real-time depiction of a timeline we can get.”

No arrests have been made in the case and the reward has been raised to $10,000.

CBS4 previously reported that 7 911 callers were all put on hold when they called in the shooting, most on hold for between 3 to 4 minutes. But the Denver Department of Public Safety maintained the ShotSpotter alert and nearly simultaneously dispatched first responders, meaning problems with the 911 system that night were a moot point.

Asked about the status of the investigation, Denver police chief Paul Pazen said “the team is making progress” although he is asking for more tips and information from the community “to build on the progress that has been made. our team will work tirelessly and do everything possible,” said Pazen, “to bring justice to the family and justice to the community.”

Source link

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

Info Bbea
Enable registration in settings - general
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Shopping cart