It’s clear that whatever technology is out there is changing at a compelling pace, turning tasks that seemed almost impossible a few years ago into something that is completely doable today.
A good example is what we will talk about today, a task that was not thought of until a few years ago and can be accomplished in a simpler way than today’s imagination.
Years ago it seemed that the integration between mobiles and computers was only available in parts of the Apple ecosystem. Well, there is a solution so that if you have an Android phone and the Windows operating system on your computer, the two devices can be synchronized, which should allow you to copy and paste text between them.
We will look at two ways to do this task, one that we can call native and the other using third party applications.
Let’s see how you can sync Android phone and Windows computer so you can easily copy and paste text between the two devices using the clipboard.
Android and Windows Phone: Clipboard
Before we look for an application for third parties that can help us synchronize our terminal with windows and thus be able use the clipboard Between the two, we will use the basic method to perform the same task.
Thank you for phone link We can achieve perfect integration between an Android phone and our Windows 11 operating system.
The main drawback is the clipboard sharing functionality Only works on some Samsung devicesTherefore, if you do not have a compatible device of this brand, you are obliged to perform this task with a third-party application.
The Phone Link program is pre-installed on Windows devices, but you still need to install the Windows Link app on your Android phone, which is available on the Google Play Store.
Once the two applications are on the computer and the smartphone, we must do the following steps:
- click on the magnifying glass Next to the Start button in Windows 11, type more mobile linkTo select the application when it appears on the screen.
- Once the application is open, it’s time to click the button to begin with,
- We confirm that we have the Windows application link ready, and then click pair of qr codes,
- At that time we opened the application place a window In our terminal with Android.
- Next, all we have to do is touch the button Contact on our Windows 11 phone and computer.
- Now you need to press the button continue and point the camera QR code which appears on the computer screen.
- It’s time to follow the instructions displayed on the phone and the computer to complete the connection.
- So, in the Phone Link app, we go buildingand copy and paste between devices and activate this option,
From now on, as long as your Samsung phone and computer are on the same WiFi, you can copy text from device to device without doing anything special, because they will share the clipboard.
Once you copy something to your computer, it will automatically allow you to copy it to your phone. In addition, if the history of the clipboard is activated, we can still access it previously copied text We should be able to use it on that device whenever we want.
KDE Connect. ear
If unfortunately you don’t have a PhoneLink compatible phone, we can always use a third party application called where connectedWhich offers all the skills to be able to copy the text between our two devices.
To get this application all you have to do is go to the Microsoft Store, as always, install the same app but from the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
For this program to work as we want, it is necessary that both devices, both computer and mobile phone, Connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Once this is done, we can now configure KDE Connect on the computer and Android phone to sync them.
We need to follow the following steps:
- As always, first you need to install the KDE Connect application on your computer and Android phone from the respective links.
- We open the KDE Connect application on both devices.
- Go click us on your mobile phone computer nameBecause it needs to be seen.
- click on request pair,
- Click Next To accept In the notice that appears.
Currently the computer and mobile phone run together.
To get the text to be copied from the mobile phone to the computer, we need to do the following:
- we copy the text on the smartphone.
- When it’s done, we show the notification and tap send the clipboard Inside KDE Connect.
- After doing this step, we can press the computer key Ctrl+V or to right click and select pastewe can also continue Windows + V To view the text on the clipboard.
- we have to click send the clipboard It should work because of some Android restrictions that don’t allow it to be done automatically.
- Previously, this could be done with KDE Connect, it worked without problems, but now you have to do this extra step.
If we want to copy the text from the computer to the phone, we do not have to do anything strange, because Windows does not have the restriction that we have in the Android operating system.
We just need to make sure of that KDE Connect is running and connected to both devices. To find out, we just need to look for the KDE Connection system tray icon in the Windows system tray while the application is running.
KDE Connect starts automatically when we start Windows and connects to the phone freely and independently.
These are two of the most effective methods that we have today to be able to copy and paste text inside our Android mobile devices and computers with Windows 11 operating system.