Digital calendars and planners have become a popular modern and innovative solution to scheduling one’s life. According to ecal.com, 70% of people rely on some form of a digital calendar to plan and manage their lives. Online-tech-tips.com calls Google Calendar “the best online calendar” for several reasons. It provides a user-friendly, easy-to-learn format. One of the most useful functions provided by Google Calendar is the ability to share your schedule with others and create group calendars.
Here’s how to share your Google Calendar through your preferred internet browser in three easy steps.
Just curious?:We are here to help you with everyday life questions
History of technology:How old is Google? History of the world’s most popular search engine.
How to share your Google Calendar with a computer
- On the left side of your screen you will see a tab titled My Calendars. Hover your mouse over the calendar you want to share, and press the three dots that appear next to the name of the desired calendar you want to share.
- After clicking on the three dots, select the option that says settings and sharing.
- After opening the settings you will see two different options for sharing.
- You can create a shareable link and send it to anyone you share your calendar with
- If you scroll further you will see the option to share with specific people. There you can individually type in the Gmail addresses of the people you’re looking to share your calendar with.
How to share your Google Calendar on your phone
Unfortunately, there’s no way to share your Google Calendar through the app, but it’s not impossible to do on your phone.
- Open your phone’s internet browser and go to the Google Calendar website. Once you have downloaded the application, you will be automatically taken to the app link. To share your calendar you must do so through your web browser
- If not, make sure the webpage is in desktop view and not mobile. To switch it, at the bottom of the page you will see an option that says view. If the word “mobile” is bolded you are in mobile view and should tap the word “desktop” located next to mobile.
- Follow steps 1-3 listed above for sharing your Google Calendar on a computer
Google shortcuts:Here’s a smart, easy way to create new Google files and events
Easy way to share:Ever heard of Google Collections? It makes sharing links, images and plans a snap
How to share an individual event in Google Calendar
You don’t have to share your entire calendar to share an event with someone else. When creating a new event in your Google Calendar, go to the section that says add guests and type in the Gmail of whoever you’re trying to share it with. If you forgot to share the event and you have already done so, click on the event and click on the pencil icon called “edit event.” When you’re editing the event you’ll see a panel on the right side of the screen for guests where you can type in the Gmail addresses of anyone you need to share the event with.