Position: System Administrator II
Position Status: Full Time
DEPARTMENTS: Information Technology
Salary Range: $ 57,033.87 – $ 80,587.37
Opening Date: July 18, 2022
End Date: Aug. 1, 2022
An employee of this class is responsible for managing a wide range of computer systems in the County. The employee performs the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of network servers, as well as administrative tasks to help maintain the working hours, speed, and reliability of the County’s networks. Other duties include troubleshooting server and network malfunctions, maintaining and deploying Cloud infrastructure, troubleshooting email issues, maintaining backups for disaster recovery, managing server applications and ensuring network and application security. The employee will provide hardware and software support to users including but not limited to software training, technical advice on software packages, software installation, and troubleshooting of computer issues. Training at this level is usually on an informal basis and often involves a variety of technologies. The guides include online research and manuals. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
• Plans, organizes, and maintains County computer systems, network servers and virtualization.
• Manages County networks and troubleshooting problems related to networking equipment, cabling, protocol or configuration problems.
• Maintains network firewalls and ensures working and secure configuration of all devices.
• Maintains, upgrades, and manages virtual servers, hypervisors and datastores.
• Writes, develops, and maintains scripts to automate various processes such as remote installations and software upgrades.
• Troubleshoots email delivery issues with Exchange, Office 365, and spam filter appliances.
• Supports, configures, and troubleshoots backup systems and applications.
• Troubleshooting problems such as logging in to computer systems or software, printing, server failure, network failure, network printing problems, and network performance issues.
• Serves as a liaison between the County and existing hardware & software maintenance vendors.
• Responsible to users for timely resolution of their problems.
• Serves as a technical resource for hardware, software, network servers and network connectivity.
• Monitor various systems, applications and reports on a daily basis to ensure the reliability of the County’s computer infrastructure.
Graduation from a four -year college or university in the field of management information systems, or a closely related field and two years of experience working in the Microsoft Windows Environment; or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience. Must have a valid NC driver’s license.
The employee must be fingerprinted to meet state and federal requirements.
Who Are We:
Located in the Foothills region of North Carolina, in Alexander County Bordered by the Brushy Mountains to the north and the Catawba River to the south, residents can enjoy a quieter, more remote area of the country or a more urban setting. with someone living by the lake. The county is rich in history and is demographically distinguished by a small town and many rural communities. Alexander County is governed by a five-member Board of Commissioners elected by a majority, serving a four-year term, with a total operating budget of $ 43 million and approximately 700 employees. The County offers a wide range of training opportunities, a supportive work culture, and an excellent package of benefits.
Applications may be filed online at www.alexandercountync.gov or by mail to Alexander County Human Resources, 621 Liledoun Road, Taylorsville, NC 28681.